LegiDoc water safety and management plans include all the information you need to manage and reduce risk from Legionella in a building water system and comply with ASHRAE Standard 188:
- Background information: Legionnaires’ disease, Legionella, other waterborne pathogens, risk management and terminology.
- Control limits, validation points, and monitoring requirements for water systems
- Facility information, risk assessment and ASHRAE188 compliance survey every building owner is required to update annually.
- Program team members and verification and validation activities to assess if the plan is being implemented (verification) and to determine that Legionella is being controlled (validation).
- Detailed information on building water systems including process flow diagrams, hazard assessment, control locations, control limits and monitoring methods to assist in managing Legionella risk, and corrective actions.
- General contingency procedures for responding to a case of Legionnaires’ disease, information on addressing new construction or renovation and respond to unplanned water interruptions; documentation requirements, fillable logs, and selected publications that support the recommendations in the plan; and research articles pertaining to Legionella.